There are six types of license offered at DCC :
- Trade License: This license permits the holder to carry out trading activities including import, export, re-export, distribution and storage of goods / activities specified in the license.
- Service License: This license is suitable for service-oriented businesses; it allows the holder to provide services specified in their license.
- Industrial License: This license permits for light manufacturing, assembly and packaging of goods specified in the license.
- E-Commerce License: This is a trade or service license combined with e-commerce activity allowing the holder to trade goods and services online as specified in their license. This is not a virtual license but similar to a trade or a service license also facilitating online trade of goods or services.
- General Trading License: This license permits the holder to trade in general activities, including import, export, re-export, storage and distribution.
- Dual License with DED: This license allows the company registered in Dubai CommerCity to apply for a DED (Dubai Department of Economic Development) License without the need for physical office space on the mainland. Once registered with Dubai CommerCity, the company can apply for a DED License while operating out of DCC.